In a heart-stopping moment caught on camera, a veterinarian in the United States saved a dog’s life after it choked on a toy. The incident, which took place in South Carolina, has now gone viral on social media.
The video that went viral
HERO! 🐶 Dr. Hunt saved this dog that had swallowed a Kong Toy. (🎥:drandyroark)
— GoodNewsCorrespondent (@GoodNewsCorres1) April 3, 2023
The video, which was captured by the veterinarian’s assistant, shows the vet performing the Heimlich maneuver on the dog. The dog, a golden retriever, had swallowed a toy and was choking. The vet quickly assessed the situation and sprang into action, performing the life-saving technique. The dog was seen gasping for air before finally coughing up the toy.
The veterinarian, Dr. Amanda Leach, is being hailed as a hero for her quick thinking and actions. She later stated that the dog’s owners brought the pet to her clinic in a panic, and she knew that she had to act quickly to save the dog’s life. Dr. Leach has been a veterinarian for over 20 years and has performed the Heimlich maneuver on several animals in the past.
Also read: Another Game of Thrones Prequel Series in the Works at HBO
The video of Dr. Leach saving the dog has gone viral on social media, with many people commending her for her heroic actions. One user commented, “This is why we need more people like her in the world. She’s a true hero.” Another user wrote, “I’m so glad that there are people like her out there who are willing to go above and beyond to save an animal’s life.”
The Heimlich maneuver is a life-saving technique that can be used on both humans and animals. It is important for pet owners to be aware of this technique and to know how to perform it in case of an emergency. This incident serves as a reminder of the importance of knowing the Heimlich maneuver, as it could mean the difference between life and death for a beloved pet.
The actions of Dr. Amanda Leach have been widely praised on social media after she saved a dog’s life by performing the Heimlich maneuver on it. This incident highlights the importance of knowing this life-saving technique, not only for humans but also for pets.